[sf-lug] command line learning resource

jim stockford jim at well.com
Wed Sep 26 19:42:26 PDT 2007

    if you'd like to learn to use the BASH shell and
maybe learn to write shell scripts, pay no attention
to Rick or where ever he might have placed his
tongue.
    the URL
http://linuxcommand.org
brings up a page that has a menu on the left.
    click leaning the shell and you'll get some blah
blah with a table of contents below.
    click the table of contents entries and you'll get
some reasonably good info that you can study and
use to develop your skills, online for free.
    I grant that it's pretty standard stuff and leaves
some things to be desired, but it's clean, readable,
and useful and right there on line.