[sf-lug] job posting: Linux System Administrator

jim stockford jim at well.com
Wed Sep 26 09:11:31 PDT 2007

Job Title:  System Administrator
Salary Range: 85-110K
Location: Palo Alto and San Francisco
We'd like to meet you if you:
• 	Have the desire and ability to learn new things fast
• 	Possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• 	Have the ability to think on your feet
• 	Maintain a positive attitude
• 	Are passionate about technology
• 	Are a self-starter
• 	Have strong problem-solving skills
• 	3-5 years of professional Linux/Solaris administration skills
(Debian, RHEL, CentOS)
• 	LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP) experience in large-scale
• 	Some experience with Windows Server 2003 a big plus
• 	Solid understanding of current web and internet technologies
• 	Clear understanding of networking technologies (Routers, Firewalls,
Switches, etc)
• 	Working knowledge of MySQL and relational database technology
• 	Knowledge of load balancing and high availability planning
• 	Storage administration (NAS / SAN)
• 	Monitoring services and on-call experience
• 	Experience working for a creative agency or consulting company a plus
• 	Experience with any programming in any language and server-side
scripting a big plus

My name is Lanna and I'm with The Issa Group, a boutique, retained
search firm in the Bay Area.
Our client is a growing web development/digital media company with a
diverse and esteemed client base, serving many large and small-scale

If you can refer me to anyone or would like to learn more about this
opportunity yourself, please feel free to call the number below or
email me at any time.   I look forward to hearing from you.
Lanna Dowd
lanna.dowd at gmail.com