[sf-lug] OLPC XO ("$100 laptop") available to public

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Sep 24 18:14:22 PDT 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, jim stockford wrote:

> As seen on the LUGOD and PenLUG mailing lists, thanks
> to Bill Kendrick:
>
>> BBC News tells me:
>>   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6994957.stm
>>
>>   Computer enthusiasts in the developed world will soon be able to get
>>   their hands on the so-called "$100 laptop".

Creative Commons has a couple in the office, so if you guys ask I can
bring one to an SF-LUG meeting, too.

I'll try to flash it with the latest software from One Lapdance Per Child
(*) headquarters.

-- Asheesh.

*. See page 29 of http://web.mit.edu/voodoo/www/is_v92no2.pdf .  Note that
this is much funnier if you've read laptop.org or are generally familiar
with the project.

--
The IBM purchase of ROLM gives new meaning to the term "twisted pair".
 		-- Howard Anderson, "Yankee Group"