[sf-lug] Monitoring for HVLC

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Mon Sep 17 23:30:19 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I forgot to mention in the meeting - I think we need to setup some kind
of monitoring for the HVLC system. To begin with something simple like a
nagios check of the ssh service (on port 922) should do the trick. I've
set this up on my own hosted server's nagios instance, but now that I
think about it this might be more appropriately run on the sf-lug box.
Let me know if you agree. If so, do we have Nagios running on there
already? If not, anyone who would like to receive notifications about
outages of HVLC let me know (only email I'm afraid, as I don't have an
SMS gateway setup).

Thanks, Tom
--

Tom Haddon