[sf-lug] Hello! Just moved to San Francisco from Boston...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 15 21:24:43 PDT 2007

Ah, let's see ...
Monday you can go to SF-LUG http://www.sf-lug.org/
Tuesday you can go to BALUG http://www.balug.org/
2007-10-02 you can go to SFOBUG http://www.sfobug.org/
if you start to run low on ideas, there's:
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/
(its calendar hasn't been updated in a fair while, but it's still a
quite good list of various user groups and their locations and sites).

Welcome to San Francisco and the Bay Area!

Quoting Kristian Erik Hermansen <kristian.hermansen at gmail.com>:

> I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Kristian Erik
> Hermansen.  I am a 25 y/o male Linux hacker.  I just moved to San
> Francisco from Boston and am looking to become involved with and learn
> about the local Linux User Group.  Does it have a strong physical
                                  ^s - we have many Linux and other
User Groups in the Bay Area (and even more than one in San Francisco).

> Here are some facts about me and my tastes!  If you like, please
> introduce yourself to me publicly or privately.  I hope to get to know
> some of you shortly :-)

Here's my notes on doing a very quick mini-bio intro. of myself at
an LVM talk/presentation I did a couple years ago at BALUG:
"
	Hello my name is Michael Paoli
	I've worked with UNIX as far back as 1980
	I've been administering UNIX Systems since 1987
	personal systems since 1989,
	have never had an operating installed on hard drives
	other than XENIX, UNIX or LINUX
	(and I'm up to 7th hard drive now)
	except
	until about 2 years ago when buying the laptop I wanted included
	an operating system I wasn't very interested in (and that OS
	typically runs less than 20 minutes a month on my laptop)
	First used Logical Volume Management software <~=1995
	been using and administering LINUX since 1998
	have been using LVM on LINUX for about 2 years.
"
... and stuff can be gleaned from other sources, e.g.:
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/resume/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Michael+Paoli%22+Linux&btnG=Google+Search
(note, last I checked there are at least 3 "Michael Paoli"s on the web, so
searches by name alone will often find someone other than me)