[sf-lug] [svlug] [K12OSN] FOSS music notation and editing software

Cyrus Mack cyrusmack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 20:18:04 PDT 2007

On 9/12/07, Sonja Gonzalez <sgonzalez at sau83.org> wrote:

> Sorry, I was incomplete (I don't know much about this software.) The free
> > version is Finale Notepad, and that's what she wants.

Hallo - as to this question, the answer is kinda sorta... not really. I was
able to install Notepad under Wine, but I couldn't get it to run. It always
crashed after I answered the register screen. Someone skilled in Wine stuff
could probably get it to run.

And good lord... their registration process is abysmal. Talk about jumping
through hoops.

-Cyrus