[sf-lug] [K12OSN] FOSS music notation and editing software

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:54:18 PDT 2007

hi

On 9/12/07, Sonja Gonzalez <sgonzalez at sau83.org> wrote:

> Sorry, I was incomplete (I don't know much about this software.) The free
> version is Finale Notepad, and that's what she wants.

Just a few minutes ago, I gave our music teacher a free computer with
Edubuntu Linux, running Rosegarden, NoteEdit, GNU Denomo, and GNU Solfege.
She is going to take the computer home and experiment with it.  She
originally asked the school to spend money on a proprietary license that
would have cost $80 for 14 seats, or nearly $1,000.00.  Now she has decided
that money would be better spent on instruments, and she is going to try to
run those open source software music programs across our Edubuntu thin
client network.

Sonja, maybe you would be interested in contacting one of these
organizations to find out about receiving free computers for your school.
There might even be a program like this near you in Fremont, NH.

http://www.freegeek.org/

http://www.accrc.org

Good luck.

--