[sf-lug] Software Freedom Day

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sun Jul 29 09:06:47 PDT 2007

    we made an attempt last year.
    Last year John Lowry got SF-LUG registered.
http://softwarefreedomday.org/registration
search the page for SF-LUG and/or "San Francisco"
(returns opensource @ SFSU with Sameer's name).

    The opensource at SFSU team headed by Sameer
is the only one currently showing for San Francisco.
Seems to me this city should have more than one,
though we might consider joining Sameer's team.

    We have until end-of-day Tuesday to register a
group.
    who's gonna register us this year? please speak up.
Here's the registration page
http://softwarefreedomday.org/cgi/register.html
    I vote for whoever speaks up first--seems we should
have a single person rather than have several try
registering SF-LUG independently. Note we get
T-Shirts at a discount and software to hand out.
jim