[sf-lug] Hayes Valley Setup

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Jul 28 12:07:52 PDT 2007

    This raises the point of support in general.

    Who'll go down to HVCC to fix up boxes when
needed? Are there volunteers? A rotation
schedule?

    Is there a policy? How to manage, what's
permitted, user data storage, possible inclusion
of terminals and why....

    What about docs? Where'll these be kept, who's
making them? got a plan (brief hardcopy on
premises to orient the inevitable new sysadm
person with pointers to the SF-LUG and more
docs on the box...)?

    If there's a BIOS password, then that'll have to
be available to whoever is supporting the boxes
in the future--how to do that?
    There's always opening the box and shorting
the CMOS to ground to restore factory BIOS. Do
we assume use of SF-LUG docs or keep the
password in hardcopy on premises?

For how long do we plan for support: one year,
two, three...? How to handoff to others?