[sf-lug] next config at Hayes Valley Community Center

jim stockford jim at well.com
Wed Jul 18 17:51:28 PDT 2007

crikey, i'm late.

the reservation i have for LVM is that it requires
on-going administration. who's willing to do it
and will be around for a couple or three years
and knows LVM and will check in with the boxes
regularly (once a month or so probably okay)?

just making a bunch of partitions doesn't take
much time, really, and is a done deal till the
machines fail.

I made a similar scheme for the sf-lug.com box
and added LVM after the RAID was done so's
to have flexible backup space.