[sf-lug] BIOS Update

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Sat Jul 7 06:15:18 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Got a request here. Is there anyone coming to the computer lab tomorrow
that has a computer running Windows with a floppy disk drive and some
some floppy disks? I need to update the BIOS on the donated servers, and
from what I can see on the Dell site, the only option is a Windows
executable that will create the floppies for you. Since I have neither
floppy drives nor Windows, I'm out of luck on both...

In the current BIOS version, the servers seem to only allow booting from
hard disk or floppy, which makes the installation a little more
cumbersome - especially seeing as I have no floppy drive to write disks
to...

Thanks, Tom
--

Tom Haddon