[sf-lug] Creating a Linux Lab

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Mon Jul 2 10:22:23 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 10:07 -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:

> >> --
> >> jt
> >>
> We have a similar setup (Edubuntu LTSP) at SF State that we have been
> testing for some time now. I'm planning on a demo/presentation in the
> next two weeks or so. If there is any interest, I'll open it up to
> SF-LUG as well.

Hi Sameer,

Would definitely be interested in the demo/presentation.

I think the plan may be to get something in place a little sooner than
that (it's looking like the first stages of this project may begin this
weekend). That being the case, would it be possible to share a few
details with us on the list?

- Overall how successful has it been and would you recommend it as an
option for others (i.e. us)?
- How many clients do to you connecting to the Server?
- What are the specs of the Server? Do you have any recommendation for
what specs of a Server we'd need for 10 clients?
- Any other major gotchas not covered in the article?

Thanks, Tom

--

Tom Haddon
mailto:tom at greenleaftech.net