[sf-lug] Fwd: Drive Access issues

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 2 09:05:47 PDT 2007

Quoting Blake Haggerty (Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com):

> SO I installed the NTFS-3g driver and still nothing.

As you would seem to now have at least two NTFS drivers on your system,
the above begs the question of which driver is now being _used_ at
runtime.  You can determine this datum by typing "lsmod" in a terminal.

> It continues to tell me that this is a read only drive.

Please quote diagnostic messages exactly, and if possible tell us _what_
is saying them.

> I logged in as Root and tried to change the permissions on it but it
> won't let me...

It might be that I just need my morning coffee, but I have no idea what
either instance of "it" means, in your above sentence, and only a guess
as to what "let me" really means.

For purposes of diagnosis, you ideally want to be really clear, when
talking to people who'd like to help you, about exactly what you did and
what various pieces of software did in response -- and state that
concisely and in chronological order.  Just a suggestion.