[sf-lug] ddclient problems/trying to set up bind9 under Debian

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 21:04:58 PDT 2007

can anyone suggest what the problem might be that results in
# ddclient
responding with
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at /etc/sbin/ddclient line
1828.
and this error message is repeated eight times. Seems to want to make a
point!
The other computers on the network complain that the DNS server is not
responding so I suspect there are more than just problems with
ddclient.
If only ddclient was the problem, I'd imagine the server would respond,
just wouldn't be able to get the info from easydns.com.
Any help or suggestions would be great.

alex at kleider.net