[sf-lug] criteria for Linux User Groups

bobbie sellers bliss at california.com
Sat Mar 17 12:53:06 PDT 2007

Hi jim stockford, on 03/17/07, you wrote:

> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/User-Group-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.2

>    this one (long) page presents bullet points and
> mercifully brief discussion about LUGs, including
> types, activities, and use of the internet.
>    how do you think we're doing?

    I think the group is doing ok.  We have good speakers
occasionally and you guys have helped me with installing
GNU/Linux on my laptop.  I have seen you help other folks
and you do club computing with linux.  You have good communication
going both online and offline.

    By the way be glad you aren't stuck in the era of producing
hardcopy newsletters for the membership.  Major bummer and
expense to produce and mail.

    Oh and I am still doing stuff on my Amiga because despite
Linux handiness it is hard to import about 15 years of addresses
to kmail.  Juggling all the stuff I do online between Linux
and Amiga is complicated but I am gradually getting more done
on the Linux side there.  Oh and I did get my bookmarks from
the Amiga over to the Windows side but the same file is
unreadable by the same progra (Mozilla/Firefox) on the Linux
side.

    Such fun.

    Thanks for the hard work Jim and hope to see you all on Monday
evening.

    later
    bliss

--
 bobbie sellers - (Back to Angband) Team *AMIGA* SF-LUG
Formerly of AWest - San Francisco's Amiga Users Group

    "Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges." - Tacitus
    The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.