[sf-lug] a bin full of laptops

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 17:50:29 PST 2007

I'll give up my claim to one. I can buy one. But, free is nice.

Alden Meneses <aldenm at gmail.com> wrote:    I just wanted to play with one but it seems there are others in this group that have a need greater than mine. I rescind my interest in a laptop in hopes someone with a greater need will receive one.

  On 3/6/07, Susan Greider <susan.greider at gmail.com> wrote:   I live in a veterans housing area and there are several of us on disabled on very limited income that would deeply appreciate an affordable/free laptop

susan

  On 3/6/07, Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:   On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 06:41:25AM -0800, jim stockford wrote:

>     i know someone who has a "bin of laptops" that
> are mainly P3, 500MB RAM, 20GB drives, modem
> and interface PCMCIA cards.
>     this person also has some old Dell 530 and 650s
> that may at least be a source of parts.
>
>     make a noise on the list of you're interested.

My wife Melissa has been telling me I need a laptop for years now. ;)

I assume they work, more-or-less?  They free?  Or what's the cost?

Thx!

-bill!

Susan Greider