[sf-lug] Google Job Posting -- System Software and Firmware

jim stockford jim at well.com
Mon Feb 12 13:14:51 PST 2007

Software Engineer - System Software and Firmware - Mountain View, CA

Google needs world-class software engineers to help develop
one of the world's largest and most impressive Linux cluster deployments
for our  Web search engine, as well as our many other services.

The Systems Software Platforms group is constantly evaluating new
hardware
options to power Google's increasing portfolio of services.

We are looking for experienced system software engineers with a strong
hardware background and extensive experience with PC-class motherboards
to help us bring-up and support new hardware platforms. Your
responsibilities
will include new chipset and component evaluation, hardware bring-up,
BIOS-level development and debugging, as well as supporting and
developing
a large number of platform-specific tools.

Requirements:
. BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
. 5+ years experience with PC-class hardware and chipsets
. Significant experience in system bring-up and board-level debugging
. Extensive knowledge of PC BIOS internals
. Experience in hardware/firmware testing and validation
. Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments, and device driver development
. Extensive experience programming in C, C++, assembler and scripting
languages
. Knowledge of PCI/PCI-X protocols is desired

Please ONLY apply if you meet the requirements to this job profile.

email cinde at google.com with a formatted attachment of your resume.

This position is available in Mountain View, CA
(Relocation assistance will be provided.)

If you are interested in other Google opportunities, please check
us out at http://www.google.com/jobs/.

Why Google?
http://labs.google.com/why-google.html
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2007/snapshots/
1.html

Google is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer