[sf-lug] Fwd: [JOB] PHP/MySQL Developer, Santa Cruz, CA | 60k

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 6 20:02:38 PST 2006

Quoting jim stockford (jim at well.com):

> the ad said expert. i'm the one who said entry level.

Ah, well, then:  In a job ad, I think I'd be inclined to believe that
"expert" was a goofy maximalist wishlist expression fairly read as
"quite experienced" -- but definitely not (per you) as "entry level".

Offering $60k for the skillset described, in the 2006 Northern California
job market, is just absurd.

> we should use good sense in interpreting what we read.

Quite.

> i think this ad describes a job that could be a good starting point
> for someone just out of college...

I just can't see that, sorry.  Not _that_ ad.

> ...or with just one or two employment bouts under their belts.

_Relevant_ employment bouts?  Sorry, can't see that, either.