[sf-lug] linux study group

jim stockford jim at well.com
Tue Nov 21 22:38:03 PST 2006

    i've got a lot of material ready to add to the rhce web
pages. what i need is some motivation, someone who
cares to get into it.
    per a previous email to Yan, here is an incomplete
topic list we can start with:
* installation--what must you do to pass the test
* troubleshooting--what might go wrong that you must fix
* rpm--what are the important commands and techniques
* filesystem management--commands, quotas, etc.
* NIS--this is what's on the test, not LDAP
* NFS--how to set up a client for a known NFS server
* RAID and LVM
* other stuff

    read the rhce.linuxmafia.com web pages and complain
or request more stuff. i'll put it up.
    it doesn't seem possible to have a physical meeting
place, so the intent for this is as an on-line, email,
possibly wiki forum.