[sf-lug] Linux on speed...

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 14:25:05 PST 2006

Hi Pavel,
Well, on my "corporate" desktop, technically I could do it. But, I think the EPA would get a little upset. It might be nice to do it. Lotus notes and Zenworks is just such a hog of RAM. Does anybody know what Zenworks is? I do like being able to have two email accounts open at the sametime in Notes. But, still a pain. Got alternatives?

Pavel Livchits <pavell at genesyslab.com> wrote: Vincent:
If you need good desktop distro, Mepis (SimplyMEPIS 6.0 on single CD) is
definitely the choice: neat, smooth, stable.
www.mepis.org  On http://distrowatch.com/ Mepis is #4.

I recently erased my windowze on my corporate desktop (those
updates/restarts, explorer glitches are killing me)
and tried several distros as a substitution: Linspire, Freespire,
Ubuntu, Mandriva, CentOS.

2nd choice is CentOS. I like it as it's quite sophisticated and stable
(but also ascetic and need 4 CDs to burn).
I like Fedora but prefer stability over the "bleeding edge".
--
Pavel

Message: 3