[sf-lug] (forw) Re: Linux on speed...

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 13:42:41 PST 2006

Thanks for the support. Since it is such an easy one, I thought I'd start with Xandros. That way I can work my way up to Fedora Core...Probably by the time I get there it'll be up to 7. Actually, I'll probably be eliminating winapps. But, one at a time...Thanks agin.

Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote: Quoting vincent polite (vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com):

> Well, as usual, I do to much. I've played with RedHat and Linspire.
> I'm going to put Xandros on my laptop, probably next week.

Awesome.  If you'd like help with that, we'll be having a CABAL meeting
this Saturday in Menlo Park -- but you probably don't need it, since
Xandros has a really nice graphical installer with good hardware
autorecognition.  Enjoy!

(Xandros has several editions.  Some have additional software for
Windows compatibility, such as Crossover Office, which lets you run most
Winapps right from the Linux graphical desktop.)