[sf-lug] Prevalent wireless standard in hotels and laptop card recommendations?

Al Eridani al.eridani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:50:38 PST 2006

Some hotels now don't offer Internet access through an ethernet cable
socket anymore; instead, they provide wireless access.

My laptop (old) doesn't have any wireless capabilities, so I'm
thinking of getting a PCMCIA card for travelling. Any recommendations
where to buy one here in San Francisco? Places to avoid? Do you know
what wireless standards is the typical hotel most likely to support?

Thanks!