[sf-lug] Linux on speed...

John Lowry johnlowry at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:18:21 PST 2006

Speed-stepping, I believe, is where one has a processor that will speed
and slow down depending on the demands placed on it, there by saving
power on a battery. Suspend to memory is just that. Whatever is
happening on the computer is recorded to just RAM and everything else in
the machine shuts down. A small trickle of power is going to RAM until
the computer is brought out of suspend mode.