[sf-lug] SF Wireless

jim stockford jim at well.com
Thu Oct 19 09:22:18 PDT 2006

    i'm using OB1 wireless, based in a building on
Ocean Beach; he installed an antenna on the
back deck and we ran a cable in through the
window. He wants me to try to sell access to my
neighbors and install another antenna with
repeater to feed them from our roof.
    OB1 has a T-1 coming into the beach building;
out at ocean beach the telephone lines are so
bad that best DSL rates are the lowest spec: not
possible to buy higher bandwidth without getting
T-1 guarantees.
    Anyone live between Geary and Fulton west of
43 and wants T-1 access choked through wi-fi
(works pretty good for us)?