[sf-lug] tonight's meeting -- coloing

jim stockford jim at well.com
Mon Oct 16 15:52:06 PDT 2006

sf-lug has an opportunity to colo with servepath in
their full-blown colo facility. I hope we can discuss
this tonight and via email in the next weeks.
* Paul Lancaster of servepath is willing to come to
one of our meetings (e.g. this coming Sunday11/5
at 11 AM) to tell us about colo-ing in general and
servepath in particular.
* Paul suggests those of us who are interested can
come to the servepath facility and ask questions
of the staff--we should set a specific date/time.
* i can take one of my tower machines down there
after i config it properly as a stand-alone web server.
* if any of you are interested in learning about a
colo facility, come down with me for the install.
* at some point i think it would be good to get a
2U box and trick it out for the sf-lug web site--my
idea is multiple hosts inside the single box: any
one know of a >1GHz linux-capable SBC that
runs on 12VDC and sucks minimal power?

I'm hoping one or more of you will help me
* configure the box for the coloing
* move the box to the colo site
* maybe help me with the web site itself--i'm the
only one managing it, and if i get hit by a beer truck
the site could be neglected.