[sf-lug] very brief review of local lugs

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Sep 27 12:31:38 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:49:56AM -0700, jim stockford wrote:

> i can criticize:
> the balug meetings have a featured speaker that presents
> an expert view of some product or linux-related feature or
> problem area.
> cabal has two-times-a-month installfest meetings in Mountain
> View--all are welcome.
> penlug meetings have featured speakers similar to balug.

LUGOD does as well.  We try to archive their presentation slides
and photos of meetings on our site.  Ways to get to these:
  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/past/
  http://www.lugod.org/photos/
  http://www.lugod.org/presentations/

LUGOD has also, in the past, done a lot of work in the community
(classes, demos, etc.) although due to low volunteerism lately, this has
dwindled a bit.  (We did hold a demo for Software Freeom Day 06 a couple of
weekends ago, thoguh! :^) )

-bill!
(co-founder, ex-president & vice-president, speaker coordinator,
webmaster and public relations guy ;) )