[sf-lug] the build-a-box project

Jim Stockford jim.stockford at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 14:53:27 PDT 2006

"Back room" or "server" seems what you're looking for, yes?
I like "...whim and mercy".

as to Rick's observation, yes, it's the elapsing part we should
bear in mind. There's a trick: make a lot of partitions (of right
size), then install the first OS over a few of them. When installing
subsequent OSs, put them on later partitions and have the Grub
menu point to each of the various kernels located on the various
partitions. Probably there are some who don't think this is a trick.

However that, we'll be doing well to get the box not to electrocute
itself and install one OS on it.