[sf-lug] job posting

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 17:45:34 PDT 2006

Now this is a job listing that makes sense. The job repsonsibilities make sense, both for the company and the employee. Notice that a salary range is posted. When I see this type of posting I get a sense that the company knows what it is doing and is professional.

jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:
per the new job posting policy on
http://www.sf-lug.org

check out the entire posting here:
http://64.81.61.186/test/sf-lug/sf-lugJobs.html

summary:  in san francisco, $85 to 90K
    My client is venture-backed San Francisco start-up�building
next generation avatar-based massively multi-user 3D
environments for music fans.

    They are seeking a Sr. Unix System Administrator with
extensive Production Systems experience.
    Primary responsibility will be to deploy and run our
production systems running Fedora Core.
    Additional work with include supporting development and
staging systems.

Requirements:
+ 5+ years experience running production/commercial computing
+ 5+ environments
+ Expert level knowledge of Linux (Red Hat/Fedora)
+ Knowledge of load balancing including LVS and Heartbeat
+ Intermediate level knowledge of Perl and/or Bourne shell scripting
+ more
contact mike at open-source-staffing.com