[sf-lug] meeting monday night at Javacat, 6 to 8

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sun Jul 16 17:33:59 PDT 2006

    does that mean you'll help put LDAP on the
Javacat machine?
    The reason for NFS and NIS is that they both
figure in RedHat certification.
    It seems to me that NIS is becoming outmoded
(remember the state of the industry is not state
of art), but not yet with respect to RHCT/E tests.
    But NFS is getting a lot of improvements. It
seems to me that it'll be around for years, more
and more robust. Interesting that Samba can
work in an all-*nix environment: it's not _just_ a
means to integrate The Other OS with *nixes.