[sf-lug] Looking for a Senior MySQL administrator in San Francisco

Todd Huss thuss at greatschools.net
Mon Jul 10 14:23:54 PDT 2006

I hope it's OK to post job messages to this list. I'm currently
looking for a full-time Senior MySQL Systems Administrator at
GreatSchools.net (where I work) in San Francisco.

Position summary:

The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for managing our
production website that currently delivers over 1 million page views
per day running on 20 servers with MySQL, Apache, and Tomcat.

Required skills:

o Expertise in MySQL administration, replication, backup, recovery,
and optimization techniques.
o Expertise in Linux and FreeBSD systems administration
o Server load balancing experience.
o Prior experience developing website software using Apache, Perl/PHP
or Java, Linux or FreeBSD, and MySQL.
o Share 50% on-call responsbility and carry a pager
o Live within a 25 minute commute of downtown San Francisco to
respond quickly to production issues at the data-center when on-call.

Other requirements:

o Strong communication skills.
o Self starter.
o Ability to work with minimal supervision and drive projects to
completion.

Submit salary requirements, cover letter, and resume to jobs-
sysadmin at greatschools.net