[sf-lug] terminal program screen capture tool

Greg Nelson gnelson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 10:43:17 PST 2006

Alex,

I also am looking for a screen capture tool, so perhaps we can share any
leads.

So far, I typed "x windows screen capture" into Google and among the first
hits was a survey at the URL

http://tejaconsulting.com/open-testware/feature/screen-capture-tools-survey.html

There were a lot of tools surveyed there, one of which might meet your
needs.  (I personally need to capture video rather than a single still image
screenshot, and although there were some tools listed in the survey that
were claimed to capture video, which I might be able to use, none of them
appeared to be Linux-based, which I would prefer. So I will continue
looking.  I'll share with you any further leads that I find.  If you have a
requirement that excludes the tools listed in the Teja consulting survey,
you should let me know, so that I don't bother you with useless leads.

Cheers,

Greg Nelson
greg at perlnelson.org
839 Richardson Ct Palo Alto, CA USA 94303
(650) 856 8103 (home) (650) 856 8103 (office) (650) 954 5338 (mobile)