[sf-lug] javacat flyer app?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Mar 6 11:53:44 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 11:49:10AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> A GIMP superset with proprietary modules to do patent-encumbered things
> if physically possible, but distribution of same is precluded by The
> GIMP's GPL licensing.

I'm dumb today.  How does GIMP's GPL licensing affect creation of plugins?
Or does it?

> FYI:  The GIMP on MS-Windows can use Photoshop plugins:
> http://members.home.nl/m.weisbeek/gimp/#ps

Sadly, it seems it currently cannot do Python-Fu and/or Perl-Fu.
I can't remember which.  I also doubt that will be the case down the road.

(jealously eyeing Krita, since (1) Gimp is becoming a pain to use and
(2) I'm a big KDE whore these days ;^) ... I still *heart* Gimp, but...)