[sf-lug] Fwd: A question about squid problem

mark at kermit.org mark at kermit.org
Sat Mar 4 11:37:03 PST 2006

We need to see the firewall / NAT configuration.

Most likely the packages from the 192.168.10.0/24 network get NATed
before they even hit squid, therefore Squid will see as source
address not the local network, but the public IP address of the
firewall.

You will need to make sure that you do NOT translate (NAT) any
connections from your local network to the public Internet Port 80.
Since Squid is acting as a proxy, it will fetch the page form the
public Internet and deliver it to your local client.

I hope that helps,

Mark