[sf-lug] How to deal with a high volume of email from a mailing list.

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 10:02:24 PST 2006

For those new to mailing lists, there is a technique for dealing with the
sometimes lengthy discussions: create a separate email account, at
someplace like Yahoo, and use the account for participating in one or
more mailing lists. This also can help reduce the amount of spam that
is received on your primary email account; spammers troll mailing lists
to "harvest" email addresses. Rick probably has more insight into this,
given how long he has maintained a mailing list. Incidentally, the volume
of messages in our discussion was actually quite low, go check out some
of the threads on the "conspire" mailing list at linuxmafia.com.

- Adrien

jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:
    Per Ola's recent request, keep it offline, please.
we've had several people drop off the sf-lug
mailing list.
    I want to say, however, that I liked the content;
it's pretty well talked out at this point, though,
don't you think?
thanks,
jim