[sf-lug] Rick's explanation of his internet setup.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 11 14:53:30 PST 2006

Quoting Adrien Lamothe (alamozzz at yahoo.com):

> Including the reason that the clause is illegal. We agree on this point.

If it _were_ illegal, yes.  My mom's folks in Kansas used to say "If the
hoptoad had wings, it wouldn't bump it's bottom on the prairie."
(But hoptoad are wingless, that being the point.)

> A contract is indeed an instrument that, in some instances, requires one
> or more parties to sign away rights. When it comes to purchasing a product,
> one right that a court is almost certain not to violate is a consumer's
> right to enjoy use of the product in a manner consistent with normal useage.

You're welcome to support this via cites (or anything else moderately
relevant), and to establish that benchmarking is "normal usage" within
the meaning of your phrase, any year, now.

Adrien, your reasoning has been circular.  You really should stop that.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                            Recidite, plebes!  Gero rem Imperialem!
rick at linuxmafia.com