[sf-lug] Rick's explanation of his internet setup.

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 10:16:27 PST 2006

Quoting Rick Moen:

>Again, I know of no reason to think this is true, and plenty to think
>otherwise.  It it _were_ true, I expect I'd have found caselaw to that
>effect, and I found none.

Not finding any case law is a good indication those types of clauses
are not enforceable, else there would surely be case law on the subject.

But the actual legal ramifications of Novell's license (which neither of us
really understands in purely legal terms) are not as important as the
business effect such licensing will have on Novell. Draconian licensing
will alienate their customers, many of whom are likely looking to the
exits anyway in light of recent "developments" at Novell.

- Adrien