[sf-lug] (no subject)

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 10:44:37 PST 2006

Hi David,
  Thanks for sharing. I actually might be able to use it on this project I'm working on. Of course, you would be acknowledged, and any money coming from it, you'd get apart of.

jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

I like it! As your docs say, it's very simple:
a site-specific chat facility. I love simple.
My first wrinkle was not knowing how
gracefully to exit. I just closed the browser
session after noticing the record shows
other users have timed out--I guess my
user will time out, too.
My second wrinkle is wondering how a
site manager might get notification when
users initiate a session: I'm thinking the
chat facility would be useful for user
support: e.g. i love sitting around doing
little dink stuff, and if someone connected
to the sf-lug site, i'd likely be available for
questions, if only i know that someone's
joined.
Third wrinkle: how to set it up so that
there's an "admin not available" sign.
Fourth wrinkle: find a chatbot that always
lives on the site and can provide some
conversation, possibly answer questions.

Vincent Polite
415-386-5629
http://home.covad.net/~vpolite/