[friday-follies] Celebration of Alison's Survival

Jan Parcel jan.parcel at oracle.com
Wed Mar 27 18:12:36 PDT 2013

On 03/27/13 05:52 PM, Michael Siladi wrote:
> Folks:
>
> Alison has suggested that a dinner get-together this Friday, 3/28,
> might be a nice way to celebrate her surviving being hit by a car on
> Monday.
>
> If you missed that news, check out this article:
>
>     http://www.mv-voice.com/news/show_story.php?id=6778

Holey Moley!  Keep checking her eyes, and make sure she remembers where
last year's WorldCon was.  (Who cares who is President?  It's BIDS that
matter!)

I don't know for sure if I can come, I'll let y'all know Friday.

I'm tied up with Mom's broken arm, my upcoming trip to Prague, and some
really nasty laws coming up everywhere nearby banning vapor even in
private homes and on beaches and in forests (anywhere smoking is banned,
because we can't have people tapping batteries near dry brush, can we?)

Vapor exhalations from e-cigs have nothing in them that is not already
in restaurant air:  food flavorings, tiny amounts of stage smoke, and
nicotine WEAKER than the caffeine in steam off of coffee.  And they
don't do ANYTHING if nobody is sucking on them at that exact moment.

http://www.casaa.org/