[friday-follies] Dinner on 3/9 in honor of Jan Parcel's birthday

Jan Parcel jan.parcel at oracle.com
Wed Feb 29 16:00:03 PST 2012

On 02/29/12 15:50, Michael Siladi wrote:
> Folks:
>
> In honor of Jan Parcel's birthday, I'm proposing a Friday Follies
> get-together for dinner at Chef Chu's in Los Altos on Friday, March 9
> at 7:00pm.  (Since Jan is the Honored Birthday Girl, she may decide if
> she would prefer another venue.)
>
> Angela and Albert have offered to host an after-dinner get-together if
> people are interested.
>
> The favor of a reply by Wednesday, March 7, is requested so that we
> can make reservations.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>

> P.S.  Happy Birthday, Jan!
> P.P.S.  Notice how I discretely avoided mentioning that it is her 60th
> birthday.

You could have gotten the same effect by pointing out that I'm a Dragon.

Chef Chu's seems appropriate under the circumstances.

Everybody can come oooh and aaah over my new Chevy Cruze Eco (Topaz
Blue, stick shift)
for which I traded in my mid-life-crisis convertible (can't see out the
back with top up, sucky
turning radius, not-so-great gas mileage)

Guess that means that as of now I'm past mid-life.   Please note that
Michael and I
were in high school together.