[friday-follies] Follies tonight Mimi's at El Paseo de Saratoga?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 14 12:00:18 PST 2011

Quoting Heather Stern (heather.starshine.stern at gmail.com):

> I realize sending this morning for a tonight foodicles constitutes
> short notice, but hey, if you can't come tonight, chime in also with
> ideas on more places to eat.

Deirdre, Cheryl, and I are (sadly) sending our regrets.  However, on
account of this prior post, I can oblige concerning ideas on places to eat:
http://linuxmafia.com/cgi-bin/mailman/private/friday-follies/2010/000000.html

(Habana Cuba and Athena Grill sound particularly appealing to me, just
now.)

As an update to the above-cited post, Uncle Frank's BBQ and Catering
appears to have moved a second time, this time from Old Middlefield
Road, Mountain View to 1214 Apollo Way, Sunnyvale, near the Lawrence
Expwy / Central Expwy interchange, behind a bar called The Quarter Note.

I hear that the Mountain View location was destroyed in a fire.  I also
hear that Frank Bell then left California, and has set up a new business
in Atlanta, with some resulting unsatisfied comments about the Sunnyvale
business that's been taken over by others.  I will at some point visit
the Sunnyvale location and make up my own mind.