[friday-follies] Paying for dinner: Software jobs open

Jan Parcel jan.parcel at oracle.com
Tue Nov 16 10:32:51 PST 2010

Since, when going to Follies, it's nice to be able to pay rather than
wash dishes, I
thought I'd mention we have a bunch of jobs open in Oracle Solaris
Sustaining -- including
test engineers, driver engineers, security/networking (ssh, openssl,
ipfilter, kerberos, etc),
source code control, network storage, and on and on and on.

I know there are Unix and Solaris folks all over fandom, including
people that have
given up searching for jobs -- now might be the time to jump back in.
Our new management
has a lot more respect for experience than some previous managers
did.    And, for about
half of these jobs,  Unix experience would be a pretty good
qualification, we know Solaris is
not the only Unix or nearly-Unix out there, and easier to migrate from
than Windows.

If someone is interested in Solaris, include it in your search.
Happily, they put our
Sustaining organization under Product Development instead of Support,
hoorah!

Since Oracle is huge, there are search functions here:

https://irecruitment.oracle.com/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=IRC_VIS_ADV_JOB_SEARCH_PAGE&_ti=1163131250&oapc=2&oas=iRE5sSNffh0I4ewacprZ7w..