[dvlug] Wondering if these meetings still happen

Michael Paoli michael.paoli at berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 4 22:12:25 PDT 2024

Well ...

If you've got two or more folks that want to meet ... :-)
and even if it doesn't include the folks that have been active and
maintain the web site, etc.,
that's a start!  So, ... can start with this list ...
But then there's also matter of how folks find it!
Especially given current state of site and its (purported) list -
at least according to the site.  And ... the Friday evening slot might
not work so good
for the other (thus far) interested person ... but can always start on
this list here,
and go from there.

Also ...  BALUG.org does have some list with fair number of subscribers,
There's the moderated BALUG-Announce list,
and there's also the unmoderated BALUG-Talk list.
So, in addition to this DVLUG list, could discuss/mention - at least a bit,
e.g. on the BALUG-Talk list.
Also, if you come up with a short (like 3 or 4 lines or so worth) mention
that you'd want me to include on a BALUG-Announce post - I generally send
out one of those a month (aim is to keep traffic on that list to max
of 3 posts per month),
I could include a brief mention in one of those posting, and that could, e.g.
provide link to DVLUG list for more information on those
communications - so folks
could join that list and discuss further if interested, etc.

Hopefully at some point the DVLUG site would get caught up to actual happenings
and interest regarding DVLUG ... but, well, ... if not, there might be
ways around
that ... and at least in the meantime, the list here is a useful starting point.

Also, I and Rick (and some others) do maintain (at least in part) meta-lists,
basically lists of LUGs ... so if there's something that ought be
updated there (like noting
that the DVLUG.org site is outdated or meetings have resumed, but the
list info on the
site is wrong/outdated), could potentially not the relevant on the
various metalists
regarding DVLUG - so it's not like all is lost and irrecoverable -
there are ways to
go forward.

Oh, and if it might be of interest, I'll offer up - BALUG does have
wiki.  And I could,
e.g. create a separate namespace for DVLUG there if desired ... then
could set up
whatever folk(s) may be desired to be able to edit stuff there.  So,
that could be
another possibility of at least having a place where information can
be shown and
updated.