[dvlug] Wondering if these meetings still happen

Michael Paoli michael.paoli at berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 4 21:56:25 PDT 2024

Well, DVLUG, Grant, Ian, etc. ...
I think other(s) have edit access on the DVLUG web site?  But it may be
(probably is) very few ... like ... maybe about two people (or two that have
access and have ever bothered to edit it).  Anyway, I think Grant has been
mostly inactive with DVLUG for quite a while (and quite busy with other
non-LUG stuff).  Ian continued to be quite active in it, even well after
Grant had gone (mostly) inactive with DVLUG.  Not sure if others have been
active, but, e.g. most of the podcast and related stuff, on DVLUG's site, and
beyond, Ian did most of that.  Anyway, if y'all are needing contact info. for
Grant and/or Ian, and can't track that down and/or can't find one(s) that work,
let me know what you've tried, and I may have additional.
Also, both of them are also on LinkedIn - if you need to confirm which
accounts there correspond to the Grant and Ian relevant for DVLUG,
let me know, and I can find/disambiguate that.  Not sure, however, if
either of them are currently active on LinkedIn or pay attention to stuff
on/from there.
And, also, possible some additional folks have been active ... notably as
in present and having gone to meetings - but maybe not otherwise visible
on/via DVLUG's web site and such.  E.g. I believe I mentioned earlier
the podcasts - haven't listened ... there may be hints there ... like on
attendees much more recent than DVLUG meetings I've been to (haven't
been myself to one of their meetings since pre-pandemic, so that puts it at
<~=2020-03-17 last I attended a DVLUG meeting) ... so some others (if one
can track 'em down, or find hints on podcasts, etc.) may have more info.
regarding more recent active participant(s), etc.

And the list implied to be current on
https://www.dvlug.org/email/
of list at dvlug.org would appear to be non-operational as far as I can tell,
and I think that's been the case for quite a long while (I think the email just
disappears into a black hole - I send, but I think it goes effectively nowhere).