[dvlug] DVLUG roster emails

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 1 18:29:04 PST 2016

[Adding dvlug at linuxmafia.com to distribution.]

Quoting Robert Wall (robert at rww.name):

> Hi Rick,
>
> I'm doing a start-of-year email cleanout and noticed that I'm getting
> emails from root at linuxmafia.com with the DVLUG roster. I haven't been
> involved in DVLUG for a few years now, so please remove me from the
> list of people getting that, and add whoever's handling it these days
> (still Grant? I have no idea).
>
> Thanks, as always, for your help,

Yr. welcome.  As shown below, it's gone to you alone.

$ cat /etc/cron.weekly/dvlug
#!/bin/sh
# dvlug  Cron script to mail out current DVLUG mailing list roster.
/var/lib/mailman/bin/list_members -f dvlug | mail -s "DVLUG Roster as of $(date +%F)" robert at rww.name
$

For now, I've _disabled_ that script.  If any DVLUG volunteer (one or more)
wants to get its report, please speak up.  I'll re-enable.

The weekly auto-mail's body text lists current subscribers in standard
fullname + e-mail format, one subscriber per line, like this:
George Tirebiter <george at example.com>

FYI, there are currently 43 subscribers.