[dvlug] Is there a meeting at Cafe La Scala today?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Apr 11 05:35:55 PDT 2015

Quoting I L (droid1836 at gmail.com):

> We've determined that the website issue is due to a problem with the DNS.
> Grant will be fixing it tonight.

The question you should be asking yourself is:  _Why_ is there a 'problem
with the DNS'?

The nameservers recently got repointed to parked-domain nameservers --
and this deed was not done by Grant, the (erstwhile) domain owner
('Registrant').  Who would do that, and why?

I've already told you the answer:  The _registrar_ repointed the
authoritative nameservice to parked-domain nameservers, and the
registrar did so _because_ Grant missed the domain expiration, resulting
in the domain being suspended.

This is what happens when domains expire.

There is limited time to fix it, but you-plural can easily do so:  Pay
the domain renewal, and you'll be fine.

I've now said all this, I think, twice.  I'm done.  If you want to
disregard what I'm saying, good luck.