[dvlug] Job opening for a Linux/Scripting Guru

Dylan Reinhold dylan at ocnetworking.com
Thu Aug 14 21:51:15 PDT 2014

Okay not a Guru, but someone who is good with Linux, shell scripts and
perl/python would be a great fit.

The job is for Safeway IT, and will be in Pleasenton  (we are moving from
our nice quite Walnut Creek office tomorrow).

It is in the same group I work in so I would be happy to answer any
follow-up questions.

The job is in our 3rd Level Support/Development team for our retail
systems. These systems primary include Linux (SuSE, Redhat), Unix (AIX),
Toshiba 4690 OS, Windows desktops.

Our team primary focus is the Linux/Unix and the 4690 OS.

Your day to day would be creating, updating, fixing vendor code, shell
scripts, perl scripts, some C, Python, IBM C-BASIC.

We do have a large number of perl scripts,.

The job just posted today.

We are looking for anyone who has the desire to learn even if you don’t
feel like you are ready, subscribing to a linux user list is more than most
people we have apply for some jobs. If you have a good understanding of
shell scripts you would be a good candidate.

If you do apply you can let me know so I can make sure you don't get
filtered out in the first round by HR and your resume makes it past them..

Attached is the "Official" HR posting.

Regards,
Dylan