[dvlug] Meeting Tonight, Fri May 13th at Caffe La Scala

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:40:10 PDT 2011

Please join us this and every Friday from 6PM at 1655 N Main St in
Walnut Creek regardless of reminder emails.  If you can't make the
meeting feel free to ask questions on this mail list.

The Ubuntu Developer's Summit just finished in Budapest. Some of the
key sessions are available as videos online via
http://youtube.com/users/ubuntudevelopers/ and the schedule is online
at http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-o/ to see some of the sessions members
of the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam attended either in
person or virtually. I know that Elizabeth Krumbach, Scott Ritchie and
David Wonderly and I extensively participated. I hope others joined
and/or watched sessions as well.

Tomorrow I will be presenting Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal and what I
now know (after UDS) about Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot to the Felton
User Group http://feltonlug.sturdywebs.com at 2:00 PM.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal/TechnicalOverview

I encourage those interested to attend Wed 6:00 - 8:00 at
noisebridge.net in SF near 16th & Mission BART Station where a great
group of people and I meet every week.

It's too bad the two days of the 4th annual Google I/O conflicted this
week with the five days of UDS. They first few minutes of the keynote
looked intriguing. http://www.google.com/io which stand for not only
input/output but also "innovation in the open."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_I/O

Cheers,

Grant