[dvlug] Meeting Tonight, Fri, Dec 3rd at Caffe La Scala

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:48:13 PST 2010

I look forward to seeing a few new faces this week. Our regularly
scheduled meetings from 6PM at 1655 N Main St in Walnut Creek
continue, regardless of reminder emails. Some of the events coming up
in our region this week include (respond with others if I missed any):

Sat 2-6PM Felton LUG near Santa Cruz http://feltonlug.sturdywebs.com/

Sun 11AM-1PM sf-lug.org

Sun 7PM-8:30PM via IRC, http://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings

Wed 6PM-8PM https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/LinuxDiscussion

I'll be leaving the cafe a little earlier than usual this evening to
go hear http://www.severedfifth.com/live in SF. The lead singer is a
friend of mine and the Community Manager working for Canonical.com -
the commercial sponsor behind the Ubuntu project. The band's thrash
metal music is also a conscious experiment in "free culture" within
the music industry. All albums are available for download.

We've been meeting weekly for over a year and a half now.  I am
considering ideas and suggestions for changes/additions to our meeting
schedule to be implemented after New Years. Feel free to email me or
the mail list with your thoughts.