[dvlug] Bay Area FOSS events

Mark Terranova mark at gidgetkitchen.org
Fri Oct 22 09:12:23 PDT 2010

Ok a few things happening around town

This weekend Friday- Sunday- OLPC SF Community Summit 2010. San Francisco.
One laptop per child is having their International meeting in our area.
http://www.olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2010/

Sunday 24th is Makers Faire. Oakland will the center of the Geek universe
Creativity in motion.   Berkeley LUG has a booth setup. I'll be hard to
miss, I'm wearing the Penguin suit.
http://ebmakerfaire.wordpress.com/

Thursday 28th - Lighting the Maverick LAMP with Ubuntu 10.10, Yahoo campus,
Sunnyvale. 5:30pm Networking, Pizza, Ubuntu badges & stickers courtesy
Zareason.
6:30pm Presentations and Demonstrations by Ubuntu California. Official
Ubuntu 10.10 CDs (32-bit Ubuntu)
* Try the latest Ubuntu and LAMP stack on demo machines
* Bring your machine to try and install Ubuntu on it
* Bring your USB drive and make it bootable with Ubuntu
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/500/detail/

Saturday 6th Geeknic Heather Farms, Walnut Creek. Save the date; more
details soon.

Saturday 13th -Fedora 14 Release Party - Walnut Creek Saxbys Coffee shop
Cake, refreshments, USB drives, and various other assorted SWAG.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Party_F14_Bay_Area

GidgetKitchen plans to start offering FOSS classes again. Saxbys in Walnut
Creek at first, then the World.