[dvlug] Bay Area FOSS events

Mark Terranova mark at gidgetkitchen.org
Fri Oct 22 09:12:23 PDT 2010

Ok a few things happening around town

This weekend Friday- Sunday- OLPC SF Community Summit 2010. San Francisco.
One laptop per child is having their International meeting in our area.

Sunday 24th is Makers Faire. Oakland will the center of the Geek universe
Creativity in motion.   Berkeley LUG has a booth setup. I'll be hard to
miss, I'm wearing the Penguin suit.

Thursday 28th - Lighting the Maverick LAMP with Ubuntu 10.10, Yahoo campus,
Sunnyvale. 5:30pm Networking, Pizza, Ubuntu badges & stickers courtesy
6:30pm Presentations and Demonstrations by Ubuntu California. Official
Ubuntu 10.10 CDs (32-bit Ubuntu)
* Try the latest Ubuntu and LAMP stack on demo machines
* Bring your machine to try and install Ubuntu on it
* Bring your USB drive and make it bootable with Ubuntu

Saturday 6th Geeknic Heather Farms, Walnut Creek. Save the date; more
details soon.

Saturday 13th -Fedora 14 Release Party - Walnut Creek Saxbys Coffee shop
Cake, refreshments, USB drives, and various other assorted SWAG.

GidgetKitchen plans to start offering FOSS classes again. Saxbys in Walnut
Creek at first, then the World.