[dvlug] Meeting Today, Fri, Oct 8th at Caffe La Scala

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:04:56 PDT 2010

Hello,

One again we are meeting at 6:00 in Walnut Creek. We look forward to
talking with you on the list or in person or on this list. Forthcoming
events in the Bay Area this week having something to do with open
source include:

* Sat, helping schools in San Francisco through partimus.org
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2010q4/008145.html

* Sat & Sun http://www.siliconvalley-codecamp.com/

* Sun BerkeleyLUG.com meeting 12-3

* Sun Ubuntu 10.10 release party in San Francisco at Cafe Ariana 6-9
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/MaverickRelease

* Mon - Fri Ubuntu Open Week on IRC https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

* Tues in Sebastopol 7:30 - 9 http://nblug.org meeting at O'Reilly's
offices http://www.ora.com offices

* Wed 6-8 weekly Linux Discussion at http://noisebridge.net

An event I am involved in planning is in two weeks in San Francisco
running from Fri Evening Oct 21st - Sun Oct 23rd:
http://www.olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2010/  Also due to a conflict in
my schedule I will be in San Francisco for a book launch event of Ted
Nelson's http://possiplex-intarchive.eventbrite.com/ - I will drop by
Caffe La Scala after dvlug.org has concluded - call me if you want to
coordinate timing.  While the last two weeks have been quite a
coincidence of scheduling conflicts for me, the meeting still takes
place every week.  As most of you know by now, www.dvlug.org meets
every Friday from 6:00 PM regardless of the reminder emails. Thank you
to Michael Paric and others who will be attending this evening.

Cheers,

Grant Bowman